ABC SILICONE SEALANT SANITARY GRADE is a room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) acetic acid cure silicone sealant with outstanding adhesive strength. Its formulation with bio-tech system makes it resistant to mold and mildew. It is suitable for universal application for various glazing, caulking, grouting or sealing bathrooms and kitchens.
- DIN 18545 (D) German Institute for Standardization
- TT-S-00-1543A (USA) American National Standards Institute
- ISO 8690 (UK) International Organization for Standardization
- BS 5889 (GB) Base Station Conformance Testing
The following data is intended as guideline and not for preparing specifications.
Specimen measured after 4weeks storage at 23 ℃ / 50% relative humidity.
The surface must be fully cured& structurally stable. Make sure the surface is dry, clean & free from contaminants such as dirt,dust,loose material,oils & chemicals. TIP: For cleanest possible result and a perfectly straight line sealant application, especially in hard-to-reach places, use masking tape. Apply the tape covering both sides of the line to be sealed & then remove the tape before the sealant is dry.
a. Use a standard caulking gun to dispense the sealant. Note:The use of a caulking gun ensures even distribution for a professional finish.
TIP: Hold the sealant gun at an angle of 45° while pulling the gun towards yourself. Find the right working speed to properly fill the necessary gaps.
b. Ensure the sealant is in contact with both sides of joints and gaps. Use foam backer rods to establish good bonding at the sides and to control the depth of the sealant.
2. Finishing Remove excess sealant and tool with flat knife. Depending on humidity & temperature, applied sealant is touch dry after 30 minutes. Note: Protect from water exposure for at least 4 hours after application.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Store in a cool dry place. ABC Silicone Sealant Sanitary Grade will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.